Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Baby is One

Somehow a whole year has gone by since my beautiful Lucas came into the world. If you find out where the time went, would you let me know? I'd very much like it back.

I will probably post cupcake recipes and party decor later this week, but today is for Lucas. This is my dedication to my biggest love and his first year in the world.

I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. It was exciting and scary and painful and wonderful, in that order. I remember the awe of staring at you in those first few weeks, that overwhelming awe of knowing that we made you, that you were alive and ours. It is still surreal.

Before you were born I wondered what you would be like. I wondered if you would look like you did in my dreams. (You did.) I wondered what kind of person you would be. I wondered what the world would be like once you arrived. Now I know.


You are kind. 
You are sweet.
  You are loving. 
You are a lover of food and cooking. 
You are a lover of animals.
(especially your dog and cat)
You are a snuggle bug.
You are filled with joy and music. 
You are a songbird and a dancer. 
You are adventurous and outdoorsy. 
You are unafraid. 
You are determined and single-minded. 
 You are a jokester, my funnyman.
You are stubborn. 
You are strong. 
You are independent.
You are curious.
You are happy.
You are pure.
You are filled with thoughts and ideas.
You are smart, too smart my dear.
You are perfect.

And I still wonder about many things. I wonder about the things you will say. I wonder about your passions. I wonder about who you will love and the lives you will touch. I wonder about how you will change the world simply by being in it. Simply by being you.

You have changed the world in the best possible way. You have made life much harder but infinitely better.  We are so lucky to have you.

Happy Birthday, my love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...