Thursday, August 29, 2013

Honey Florentines


Sometimes I really want dessert but don't feel like putting in a lot of effort. That's not to say that I don't enjoy making complicated desserts - I most definitely do. But some nights I'm tired or I've left it too late, and that's when a recipe like this is just amazing.

It hardly dirties any dishes, takes just a few pantry staples in very small portions, and is ready in about 10 minutes start to finish. Not to mention they look classy as hell. I mean, look at that thing. Glorious.

Honey Florentines
adapted from Martha Stewart's Cookies

makes 1 1/2 dozen

2 Tbs. butter
2 Tbs. packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbs. honey
2 Tbs. flour
a pinch of coarse salt

Preheat oven to 375F.

In a small saucepan, melt butter, sugar and honey. Off the heat add in flour and salt, stir until smooth.

Working quickly, drop 1/2 tsp of batter at a time onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet at least 3 inches apart. Bake until golden brown, about 6 minutes.

Allow to cool on the pan and remove cookies carefully using your fingers.

3 comments:

  1. Goodday, I made this Florentines this morning for a desert presentation and what a surprise! It came out so thin, so crispy and so tastefull, a winner!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastisk, lettvint og veldig godt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...