Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Milk Chocolate Fudge

I was going to make some white chocolate fudge this week, because it is just about my favorite thing in the whole wide world. I was getting all jazzed about it and telling the hubby about it when he blurts out that he doesn't like white chocolate fudge that much! He tells me he likes milk chocolate fudge way more and tries to persuade me away from my original plan.

Well, looks like it's his lucky day, because when I found out I was fresh out of white chocolate out of the goodness of my heart, I had no choice! Merry Christmas to you my dear.

I was a little worried when I had to tweak the recipe to fit a different type of chocolate, but it turned out beautifully. And I am always glad to have another fudge recipe that doesn't require a candy thermometer (because I broke mine, again). It's no white chocolate, but it'll do.


Milk Chocolate Fudge
makes 64 - one inch pieces

2 1/4 cups sugar
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
2 Tbs. cornsyrup
1 tsp. salt
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract

 Liberally butter an 8 inch by 8 inch square baking pan.

In a heavy saucepan, heat sugar, milk, cornsyrup and salt over medium-high heat. Bring to boil and cook for 8-10 minutes. Off the heat stir in butter, extract and chocolate chips, stirring vigorously until completely incorporated.

Pour fudge into prepared pan and smooth top with a rubber spatula. Allow to cool to room temperature before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...