Thursday, October 27, 2011

Kisses for my Hubby

My husband is a bit of a dessert fanatic. If you asked him to pick a favorite I'm sure he'd bounce around ideas, finally saying he doesn't know. He has many favorites, but in my heart of hearts, I know that these Almond Kiss cookies are his true favorite. Every time we walk down the candy isle in Walmart, he looks longingly at the Hershey's Kisses and reminds me of "those cookies I used to make."

Maybe it's because they remind him of high school, when I used to bring these cookies to class with me. Maybe it's simply because they are truly delicious.Whatever his reason, I'm glad to have an excuse to make these cute little kiss cookies for him whenever the mood strikes me.

So eat your heart out hubby. You can have all the kisses I've got.

Almond Kiss Cookies
makes 40 cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar (plus more for rolling
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. almond extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
40 milk chocolate kisses (with almonds, optional)

In a large bowl cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in egg and extract until well combined. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle.

Roll dough into 1" balls, then roll in additional sugar. Place cookies 2" apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 325 for 13-15 minutes, until slightly golden and cracked.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...