Friday, September 16, 2011

Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins

These have long been my favorite muffin. I spent my early college years searching for a good blueberry muffin recipe, and quite frankly I think I found the best. These blueberry coffee cake muffins are amazing. They have a sweet, slightly cake-like base and are studded with plenty of blueberries. They are wonderful fresh, but I love them the next day when the tops are slightly moist and chewy like the giant Costco muffins my mom used to get. Delish, for reals.

The recipe makes 18 muffins, which is great for sharing with friends and family. I always make these muffins when people come to stay. Speaking of which, Logan, my wonderful food loving best friend since 6th grade should be on his way to Nevada right about now. I'm not quite sure what kind of amazing food we'll be making, but I promise I will be sharing our kitchen adventures. I'm thinking some homemade Olive Garden breadsticks and fresh mushroom raviolis may be in order. Perhaps some brownies...or cupcakes...the possibilities are endless. I am excited. We'll break out the cookbooks when he gets here.

But in the meantime, start your day off with one (or two, or three) of these bad boys.

Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins
 adapted from Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics

3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
8 oz. sour cream
1/4 cup milk
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)

 Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. On low speed, add the eggs, on at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in vanilla, sour cream and milk.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually mix into creamed mixture just until combined. Toss blueberries with 1 tsp. flour to coat. Fold blueberries into batter with a spatula.

Fill 18 lined muffin cups with batter. Bakefor 25-30 minutes, until tops of muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...